PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OFFICER and AIRCREW 'CANDIDATES' PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 12th Aug 2010, 10:37
badders2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need some gen as psf are not really answering me

I'm also applying for WSOp, my application is on hold, still awaiting the e-mail/link to fill in the application for filter and P2 interview, this should be when the trade re-opens. I've been posetd to our basic training at RAF Honington with the expectation that I'll soon be looking at an FT3 (Sgt Gunner) course in 2011.
From what I could gather from our clerk, I'll be stuck as a gunner doing what effectively is a mini return of service as a Sgt, and would be unable to apply for Aircrew. I've been to my chief clerk, PSF and spoken to the drafter about this and none of them would give me a yes/no answer. If I turn down an FT3 while still a gunner I can expect all sorts of fall-out from this. If I take it, then find out I can't apply for aircrew then I'd not be happy stuck as a gunner for 2 years waiting (I'd be 32 by then, with only 8 years left to serve which is why I'm applying now.)
Any gen or a different point of view would be appreciated as my lot aren't happy with what they see as me abandoning my trade.
Thanks in advance.