PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2010, 19:38
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
baston:
negligence still has not grabbed me as a decent decision, but as Caz says we were not at all these briefings and so on.
As ever, I'm afraid that I have to disagree with you baston. Sorry! Negligence grabs it for me as a decent decision. Indeed Gross Negligence grabs it even better. The mistake made though was to level it at the wrong people!

High time this accident got the accident investigation it deserved, ie one that looks for the most probable cause of it happening, bearing in mind the technical state of it and its sister Mk2's since entering RAF service. The fact that 16 years after ZD576 crashed taking with it 29 lives we are still waiting for the RAF to properly investigate this accident is a disgrace and a scandal. If the RAF will not do its duty to carry out a proper accident investigation, then someone else should do so.

It is not so much that the evidence taken by the BoI has no merit, it is rather that the evidence not taken by the BoI has more. Most of that evidence would be found by calling witnesses that the BoI failed to call. They could still be called. They should be.