PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What did you have to give up?
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2010, 02:28
HercFeend

I did my PPL in the UK in 2006 then emigrated to NZ. Didn’t fly for 2 years due starting a family, moving, job etc etc etc but knew from the first time I took to the air it was me.

Decided I couldn’t do what I was doing for the rest of my working days and the thought of not changing things and staying put depressed the cr*p out of me.

I self studied all the exams and passed the NZ PPL in 6 weeks and have since self studied and passed all the CPL exams. I’m working full time and flying part time – evenings, weekends & holidays. I’ve got the hours now so it’s into CPL revision ans prep for the flight test. After that an instructor rating and maybe even a job

My family are very supportive, my wife’s 100% behind me and doesn’t care about this ‘break even’ bollox. It’s cliché but true – you’re only here once so why spend your life doing something you don’t want to just so you can ‘break even’!!!! A sad existence, regrets and a whole bunch of ‘what ifs’ is all that’s at the end of that route.......

I've got no regrets and I never will - if it doesn't work out for whatever reason at least I gave it a shot and it won't be one of my life's 'what ifs'........

Just
go for it, you’ll regret it if you don’t!!!