PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2010, 11:29
BlackPrince77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes I see what you both are saying. Being a pilot in the RAAF is much more appealing to me than being a police officer. This was just an idea of mine though, some people decide to join sporting clubs to show leadership qualities or do volunteer work which shows humility etc. Joining the police force will show maturity and definately leadership/officer skills. If worse comes to worse I would still have a reliable and great job as an police officer which I would be happily pursuing for many years to come!

Talking about being single-minded for a career in the RAAF, my psychologist asked me why I was not studying at university this year instead of working part time and I told him that I am focused just on getting into the RAAF as much as I can and I didn't want any unnecessary distractions. He said it would have been a little better maybe to be studying my engineering course that I had deferred.
I show him I am determined to be a pilot by concentrating totally on only that, becoming a pilot and he says I should take some of my attention away to something else? I don't see the purpose of spending a few thousand dollars ($7000) studying this year to partially gain a degree which will help me attain a job I don't even want (aerospace engineer).

Anyway getting a bit off track here, of course I'm not thinking of joining the police force just to "have it on my resume" It's a job that is appealing to me, but not as appealing as being an officer, pilot in the RAAF! Both of which I am capable of.

Thanks guys