PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2010, 00:37
Jimmy Recard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds awesome PF! I did my first aerobatic flight last Sunday and absolutely loved it - didn't quite have a yack when I got back down which was nice... Can't wait to get back up there again this weekend and have another crack.

I have a follow up question to one I asked a few weeks ago about flying experience before FSP. I have about 10 hours at the moment and understand that once I go past 20 or so I will have to complete the advanced course. Currently doing 4/5 hours per fortnight (and spending every cent I'm earning) which means I will be well and truly over that by the earliest I can get a spot in October. Despite this I have taken InTheWeeds advice to heart and think that as much flying as I can get is the best approach and haven't been too concerned about the basic/advanced stuff. Plus I'm absolutely loving the flying so don't want to cut back just to be under some mark to make it "easier" at FSP. I've been flying tail draggers as well so I'm not too worried about the CAP 10... or should I be?

Haha I think I've just answered my own question but anyone think differently to the above?

Also congrats aus111c for passing your Assessment day - hopefully see you at FSP sometime soon!

Jimmy