PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2010, 19:11
tow1709

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I sent Reg a PM a few months ago to ask him if he had known my Dad who was at the same school (The Liverpool Institute), at about the same time, but a couple of years ahead. Here was his reply, containing a few reminiscences that I am sure he would not mind me sharing with you all ...

Hello and nice to have a fellow Liverpudlian on the Forum. No, I can't say that I remember the name but if he was two years older that would have made a huge difference at that age . My Wife was born Oct. 30th. 1919 and I was born the 8th. May 1922. My Father was also at the Institute (He was born Sept 1900) and was also in the RAF (Signals Officer) at the same time as my Wife (F/Sgt. Discip. !) and myself.. a mere Sgt.Pilot outanked by my Father and my Wife ! I was at the Inny until about 1934 when we moved to Blackpool . I was in Miss Makin's form if that name is familiar.
We moved to Birkenhead but I still went to school every day from there on the Underground or the Ferry. My Father had the Scala Cinema in Birkenhead and my Uncle Alf had the Futurist and the Scala in Lime st. Liverpool. so I was alright for entertainment especially as my Auntie Muriel was the actual Auntie Muriel on the BBC (2LO in those days and broadcast from over the Kardomah Cafe )with "The Children's Hour and and a weekly page "Auntie Muriel's Treasure Chest " with Wafer the Cat in the "Liverpool Echo. My Wife died just over four years ago but we had a wonderful 62 years of a very exciting marriage. I hope that you are enjoying the Forum. I only learned how to use the computer a year ago but am thoroughly enjoying it. All the best and keep in touch with me. Reg Levy (Regle)

My condolences to Reg's family and friends. TOW