PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAE regulator to suspend BlackBerry services from October 11
Old 1st Aug 2010, 19:03
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of course we know that nothing is safe out here , we live in a paranoid society , a low self -esteem society , an historically suspicious , xenephobic people , who cannot live up to the 'morally' superior ideals that they think they aspire to themselves. It is down to the fact that cannot 'grow up ' and trust ANYBODY because they do not trust their own instincts. I have never had the experience before of working for people who behave so immaturely.Its a long story personal wise , but I left my boarding school in 1968 , and have spent 40 years dealing with adults , and then I came here .
I thought my 2nd chidhood was supposed to kick in as I became gaga , but no , I have ended up working for a bunch of muppets who have taken me back to school days ,bullying etc , and not having the guts to turn up behind the bike sheds to sort it out .Pathetic .
Not long now , I shall rearrange my deckchair on the Titanic and take to the lifeboat , while the muppets say 'Iceberg , what Iceberg ? '
Anyway , back to the subject , I was very naive but now know that they ARE monitoring every call/email etc - AIR PARANOID. Tossers.
Best post in a long time.

This is what happens when 21st century technology meets 6th century mindsets. Geez I'd have a least a shred of respect for them if they at least admitted they just want to spy on everyone, and not try and use the laughable excuse of "national security". The Canadians would help track down a credible terrorist threat, but they're not so much interested in helping the local yokels track down who's sending naughty sex-texts to whom. Here's hoping RIM (BB parent company) say a nice big "F YOU" to the UAE.

There are plenty of alternatives to keep your comms secure, takes a little more effort and not quite as convenient or portable as as BB. But there is military-grade encryption available to the public for email and voice comms. Of course I will not elaborate on a forum. But with a little effort there is no need to have these little freaks eavesdropping.