PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 27th Jul 2010, 12:30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bobbydazzler84

No, not that I know of? In fact, already having a PPL will actually pre-clude you from most integrated schools as they want to mould you from zero to hero.

One of the obvious advantages of modular are that you can also work whilst training (have noted that you have resigned). Realistically you can work whilst doing your PPL, ATPL Theory and Hour Building. Most people generally go full time for their ME/CPL/IR, but it is not unheard of to do the lot part time.

Working at the same time can add issues, but you can also save a lot of cash and it's all about the bottom line figure that your bank balance tells you it cost to get your fATPL and not c £40k, £50k etc for a course. Modular also allows you to train as quickly or slowly as you like which has been invaluable for anyone starting in the past 2 years.

If you do a search there are several mod v int threads and make sure you read the 'CTC' thread if you haven't already as anyone finishing during the past year or so is probably is still swimming in the hold pool (but of course things can change in the next 2 yrs).

There is no right or wrong answer, it's horses for courses. It really is up to you how much the integrated style of training is worth and your own personal circumstances?

PS - just seen your comment about 'is type training included?' No, I believe CTC now charge c £25k for a Type Rating?