PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun,Namibia and Zambia it is then!!!
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2010, 16:46
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys,

Thanks for the heads up guys; it seems that a move to Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand would be premature as it is highly unlikely to hire anyone without experience as they have many of their own pilots. I totally understand MD80’s point and would like to thank him for the advice, I am still constantly working at all my contacts in fact I never stop. However around North Africa it really does seem like I would be wasting my time, but I’m not ruling anything out.

I do seem like I jumping around quite a bit, which seems silly but I spent a couple of months in Southern Africa and a couple of months here but seems to be no movement. I still may head back to Maun but it’s just my visa that I am worried about. The contract I had from Zambia seems to have come to nothing but this is normal for this industry and there are not many more operators in Southern Africa that I could try.

I have three weeks left in Algeria before I find somewhere to pitch up, or plan too!! I will be returning to the UK to revalidate my ME/IR just trying to find somewhere that is relatively cheap. Once done try and get back out again anywhere!!

Somehow the world seems like a small place as I’m running out of ideas that I can pitch up and try and find work without having to go through a whole load of red tape. I have never considered doing a FAA CPL/ME/IR as one the cost and second the right to work and live in the States seems pretty much impossible, certainly as there are thousands of unemployed pilots in the US. Anyway still seeking your advice in all matters mentioned before.

Again if anyone would be so kind to provide me with some leads that I could follow I would really appreciate it!! Just PM me.

Kash360.