PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Employment - threads merged - all you need to know
Old 23rd Jul 2010, 22:28
Red_Z3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
738Aviator, it’s a big call there man … you should not pass judgment unless you’ve walked in the shoes of those making the comments you refer to.
I’m sure there are people content with their jobs and those people are also on these forums problem is, the management at EY has let a lot of these people (let me rephrase) has let all of the 320 guys down and since you may not be aware of the treatment these fellow pilots have received I think you need to cool the remarks a little.

As far as you Mr. Nightfire, you clearly don’t fly the 320 at EY and if you do and your still making those comments I think you’ve been in the sun too much today my friend. Furthermore I haven’t seen you reply to the gentlemen questions either so what exactly are you doing on these forums? And please explain to me what possibly you are talking about when you say “discourage other people from joining, in order to improve your own value to the company? …….the less applicants the better for you guys…?” How does that work? Firstly who ever is already in the company would be more senior so what will a new joiner do to these guys and girls already at EY? Nothing! If anything increasing the amount of crew on the 320 would improve their rosters and allow more of them to CCQ on the 330, while preventing people in joining is detrimental to anyone currently on the fleet. Only DEC would affect 320 FO’s at EY and it’s my personal opinion and mine only that bringing DEC is professionally a failure from Management, clearly they should employ FO’s with only one view and that they are future captains.
FO’s should have been given the opportunity to upgrade for those having the requirements and I’m sure there are plenty. And your comment about studying! Are you one of those book worm who can quote the page and paragraph but in reality cannot fly simple stick and rudder? Just asking man because I usually don’t make it a point to partake in bitching session, but for you I had to make an exemption because your comments are simply ridiculous and if it is such a waste of time to read peoples post, why are you taking the time to read them?

Postiverate you are probably right, it’s the same **** all over, only different over in the sandpit they are in a league of their own.

Junglie-driver MFF 320/330 is a bit of a joke at EY and that goes for CPT and FO it’s same same for both pretty crap.
CPT MFF is not really happening
FO has been two a month but once you MFF to the 330 you’ll be quick back to the 320 for most of your roster for coverage on the fleet.

Assessment from what I hear is a 3 day affair
Last day medical
Second day SIM - which is pretty straight forward V1 cut clean up and come back for a single engine A/P off A/T off (depending how the examiner feels) and RAW data again see previous remark
First day – English testing psych testing group exercise and interview

Pretty relax I think, but that may have changed, sorry it’s the best I can do.

But for those of you considering going to EY as a 320 driver especially, you’ll do yourself a world of good to consider what everyone on these forums is saying because is not rumors but facts. Things are not in the best of shape and management has over promised and extremely under delivered and that’s why all this negativity is on these forums …. but take it as facts.

Safe flying

Last edited by Red_Z3; 24th Jul 2010 at 11:23.