PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Thomas Cook cadet scheme
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2010, 18:47
hazholmes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The main difference of this course to that of a normal FTE course is that (I'm presuming) there will be a conditional offer of employment upon successful completion of the course. Now if your turn up to FTE normally with a cheque for £81k, I'm sure they will help prepare you for an airline career but there are no conditional job offers.

Also, throughout the 60 week course, you will be paid £1000/month which is repayable. Again no sign of this £1000/month if you go to Jerez off your own back.

Thirdly, you will spend two years with Flybe where you will presumably be typed on their Dash's, or possibly Embraer's??? (see here Embraer Trumps Bombardier With $1.9 Billion of Orders - BusinessWeek )

After this you will then be typed on either Boeing/Airbus and continue your career with Thomas Cook. All of this costs, so your getting a bit thrown in, albeit it for a significant initial outlay! (I stand to be corrected on any of this should anybody know better.)

I'm not too sure what 'further support' in securing the finance you are after?

All of this information is out there if you'd only spend a little time searching for it, it's not asking too much is it?!