PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QR guys!
Thread: QR guys!
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2010, 20:14
shneidertrophy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Listen mate,

In all the years I have been here I have seen as many management changes. None of them has ever lead to something good for the pilots. Only the last one slightly improved the training department, but that is about it!

Usually it is the opposite and conditions for the pilots deteriorate...

For example, now they have put M.a.S back in position as CP A300/A340. He is the most useless piece of manager that I have ever come across. This must be his 3rd tour of duty and every time the CEO removes him for mismanagement.
And I can tell you already now that most probably, if any Qatari is removed from management, he will be removed by an expat. And we all know where that eventually leads to…If that expat happens to be Indian we will see a big influx of Indians all of a sudden, if that expat happens to be Australian we will see all his buddies moving in shortly after, UK same ….
I actually think a good balance was reached over the last 12 months…Fleet management was left to the Qatari (political, easy and higher profile) while training was left to foreigners (hard work, certain level of knowledge needed, real day to day management). AQ is/was heading the training dept in his own style, but at least he has the common sense to ask for advise when he is lost!
Now you will most probably see everything messed up again and it will take a minimum of 6 months to see any progress. And all this at probably the most crucial time in the development of this airline!
Hats off for senior management! They do not give the flight operation’s management team the tools to work with, no training and no authority and yet they expect that team to perform miracles. QR is almost twice the size of EY and does all that with a Flight Operations management group that is 1/3 of the size.
I guess you are all exited because you might have heard BM will be leaving the building and probably that could be a positive thing. But believe me, the fallout of that entire operation will have severe repercussions on all of us!

So my apologies if I do not share your overly positive sentiment.

(That is if my assumptions about you aiming at a management change are correct)