PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Solidfx8 chart reader..good or bad?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2010, 04:15
Capt Claret

Bottums Up

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TinKicker, I'll quote the relevant section for individuals (bolding will be mine) from a copy of the Jeppview Licence Agreement that I printed this morning.

LICENSED USE AND RESTRICTIONS ON USE. *Licensee may use the Software and Data in accordance with the corresponding license purchased as set forth in either subsection (A), (B) or (C) below. USE OF THE SOFTWARE AND DATA BY AN AIRLINE/AIR CARRIER OR GOVERNMENT OR MILITARY ENTITY UNDER THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. *
A.​License for Individual Use. *Licensee may: (i) load the Software and Data on up to four (4) computers provided that the Software and Data (a) are not used in more than one ground-based computer simultaneously, (b) are not used in a ground-based computer and in an aircraft simultaneously, and (c) are not used in more than one aircraft simultaneously; (ii) *physically transfer the Software and Data from one computer to another provided that the Software and Data are installed on no more than four (4) computers at any time; and (iii) print charts from its own licensed copy of the Software for use in the cockpit of one or more aircraft privately owned by Licensee provided that any printed charts are not used concurrently in any aircraft. *Licensee may not print charts for any other use whatsoever, distribute charts to anyone except the pilots of the aircraft for which the Software and Data are currently being used, or copy or reproduce the printed charts for any purpose whatsoever.