PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2010, 13:01
chuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check your incubator please!

Something stinks in there and it might be the two-headed babies.

The Dornier 328 Turboprop was a bit pricey but sort of okay. Then came the switch (driven by exactly which technical or customer demand-based decisions, please?) to the 328Jet with its alarming appetite for an electrical distribution box one was not allowed to do field repairs on, tires (80 landings per on a high-cycle operation - sheer genius) and the occasional engine (due to an unforeseen design flaw). It didn't take Einstein to see how that one was going to work out.

The EC-155... I went to gawk at the cockpit when they were all shiny and new and leaned up against the seat back cushion, like a wet sponge because of being soaked with sweat. That took the gloss off right away.

We used to moan when the Dornier air con played up so that it got up to 25° in there. That helo must be like a sauna by comparison.

That is just something I know about, from flying Twotters, having to live with a hot and humid cockpit day in, day out. The rest of it, failing power checks and what-not, I will leave to someone who knows all about that sort of thing to discuss. Don't forget to tell us about the TCAS.