PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FSA article: a MATTER of DEGREE
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2010, 22:30
MyNameIsIs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You don't look at Proon for a weekend and look what happens.

I don't think I have seen so much insecurity about a Tertiary education EVER. And this is from guys on here whose opinions I respected.

I do love the 'not all but most Uni trained pilots I've flown with' or the 'I'd rather fly with a dumbarse' comments. Cos I'm sure you've flown with a large cross section in order to make that statement right?
j3, you obviously didn't read the rest of my post:
You'll get people who can and cannot fly well whether they have done the "bush" road or the "uni" road.

But to categorically state that a "uni" taught pilot will be better just because they did the diploma/degree/whatever, then that is simply wrong. Vice versa.
My opinion is that a tertiary education itself may (not will) not produce a better pilot just because it is a tertiary education.

And for what its worth, I've flown in 3 countries including 5 states and 1 territory of Australia; probably 10+ different nationalities of colleagues, some uni some not. Not as large a cross-section as some, but still varied enough to have some idea.

Last edited by MyNameIsIs; 13th Jul 2010 at 05:05. Reason: grammar/spelling- mixed 2 words into 1!