PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wrong weight entry … again
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2010, 18:09
White Knight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by M-rat
At a former carrier we had a system where we sent runway and weather info via ACARS and we got a piece of paper back with the speeds on it. We entered the speeds in to the MCDU and away we went. That carrier has been operating FBW Airbus since they entered service in about 1988 and to my knowledge there has never ever been a single entry error for take-off weight. No laptops - they are bull**** imho. Somebody elses idea of a clever way to introduce a lot of work for very little return and the potential for huge errors with potential for catastrophe.
The VS incident was via ACARS and not laptop - read the AAIB report

Originally Posted by ex cargo clown
I've said it before and I'll say it again, why does the loadsheet not have V-Speeds on it, it would give an additonal cross-check. Seems simple really.
Loadsheet is from load control - they have bugg#r all to do with performance calculations.. And there are so many variables - it's not like a turboprop or small jet where you can just pull a booklet out and flip to the relevant take-off flap and weight page.. Performance calculations should be SOLELY up to the crew!!! Just be careful with your numbers and don't rush...