PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun,Namibia and Zambia it is then!!!
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2010, 07:16
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all,

As always I hope you are well and good, another week as ever quickly coming to a close. I can’t believe it will be 3 weeks I would have been here on Friday. It only seems like I arrived yesterday which just shows how much I have been enjoying myself teaching. I only have five more weeks left before I must move on, so have been applying to other teaching/flying/engineering and operations positions around the world. Trying my best to get my name back out into the market; I have made some useful contacts here and hope to further do so. However as stated before trying to find a flying job here seems slim.

The past few days I have been trying to teach myself French, hoping that this will help further my goal. If not then I will use my French at home trying to impress some girl at a bar. Before I had come out to Algeria I tried to ask as many people as well as on here if they knew if it would be worth while exploring countries such as Morocco, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt and a few others. However was not able to find any secure and definitive answers to make a decision, so just came out here. Again I would like to ask you if you think it would be a waste of time exploring such countries.

It would really help me out, if I had more information to go by. I was speaking to a few of the guys in Maun who have said that I should go back to Botswana. So that is an option, I must keep some money aside to keep current as my ME/IR is due towards the end of September. I know a few people have said that I am crazy for trying to get people to get pass me on some of their leads. But I feel that if I don’t ask then that would make me someone who is crazy. If you feel you cannot then I totally understand, and just thank you for reading my posts.

I know my trip in Algeria will not have the same impact as my Maun trip had previously made. Never the less it is still a trip which I am using to find any possible ways to find work.

Also please notice I am not moaning about the heat on this trip (George Semel) as the weather is great here.

Again thank you all for taking the time to read my posts, I thank you and wish you the best in the future with any decision you make. It’s not easy for us wannabes but as many have said on here before.Iit is the journey that is sometimes better than the destination and I for one am enjoying the journey, just hoping that I or we do not spend too long on this journey and that the destination is close.

I know I always ask this question and it may make me sound and come across cheap and desperate, and maybe I am but I still need to ask. Please if you find it in your hearts of any jobs that maybe suitable for me please PM me. I for one will be forever grateful and will go to all lengths to follow up the lead you provide.

Kash360.