PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airports double charge for baggage trolleys
Old 8th Jul 2010, 00:20
Anansis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Given that most airlines only give you a 15-20kg baggage limit, I fail to see how even passengers going on a family break have to take so much baggage that it is impossible to wheel them from the carpark/bus stop to the check in desk. All too often people take a lot of things they don't actually need when they go away, particularly on short trips. On longer journeys it is often more cost effective to buy many non essentials at your destination and discard them at the end.

I'm more the 'backpacker' type of traveller. The first six week trip I made my backpack weighed in at 23kg. Now I can do a similar trip with a bag weighing under 10kg and I still take things away which I don't use.

Still, it all seems a little bit devious to me. My cynical side suspects that many of the people paying to use the trolleys are unsuspecting families arriving with lots of bags who are about to go on their annual holidays. It seems a shame though that flying cheaply is increasingly an excercise in anticipating how airlines/airports might attempt to extort money from you in advance and making preperations accordingly