PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Amiri Flight Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2010, 19:04
Amiri01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The salaries are identical, regardless of what aircraft type you fly. There is no distinction between an A340 Captain or a Global Express Captain. A Captain is a Captain.

This is one of the reasons that there is very little movement between fleets. There is no financial incentive to move from a "smaller" to a "larger" aircraft.

You basically just try to get on the type that you like flying, whether it is the aircraft itself or the type of flying that that aircraft type does, ie short haul, long haul, m.85 at 45000' or M.78 at 33000', big crew, small crew, load the bags yourself or have someone do it for you etc.

Someone with Airbus time (and possibly no bizjet time) is very fortunate to get the opportunity on the Global because a number of well qualified bizjet pilots have applied and have been unsuccessful. You should enjoy it if you take the job, assuming you dont mind not having a roster and being on 24/7 call etc.

I don't know the status of the recruiting situation as of late but I don't think its finished yet. I'll find out what I can.

Cheers.