PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2010, 23:49
rmventuri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snaith Crew Photo

Pbeach, welcome to the forum! Glad you are able to make a connection with the photo. Actually that photo is a bit of an enigma as until now I did not know most of the names of all the chaps so I very much appreciate your response. I have some of the Snaith Ops logs and found one entry (August 30, 1943 raid on Munchen-Gladbach) with the entire crew you listed except the 7th crew member listed is Jack O'Dowda. Jack was KIA mid March 1944 when Squadron Leader Eno and his crew where shot down by flak (Jack may have been a spare bod on that raid??). Do you have any information on Jack as a crew member along with your Grandfather? In fact Doug and Jack were friends - both went to B&G training in Mossbank Canada and I have photo's of Doug and Jack while at Mossbank.

I will email you the photo's that I have from Snaith - only about 5 or 6 with whatever information I have about them. Would much appreciate if you could do the same with any of your Snaith photos - kind of off thread so we can do this outside the forum (I'll contact you)

rmventuri