PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2010, 20:37
vandelay industries

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone, this is my first post on here so here it goes.

I'm currently applying for RAAF pilot (ADFA), and unsure as to whether you are obligated for any ROSO if you fail pilot's course, assuming you go through ADFA. I'm looking at the Bachelor of Aviation, the pilot specific degree, if that makes any difference.

I've heard that you can fail pilot's course based purely on officer qualities alone. I realise that you are an officer first and pilot second in the RAAF, but just seems a bit harsh to fail someone based on that alone. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, for those guys who've been to flight screening, does it give a real 'feel' of the typical air force environment. Being in year 12 with about 40 hours under my belt I know that I want to be a pilot, but still tossing up between the civil or military. I just want to understand the full nature of the miltary pilot's lifestyle (the pressures, secondary duties etc.) before I agree to anything (assuming I get that far).

And thanks to everyone who has posted on this thread, I've been plugging away through it and the info here is invaluble well better than anything I'd get @ DFR.