PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun,Namibia and Zambia it is then!!!
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2010, 18:48
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank God it’s Friday, oh wait it’s Thursday but it is still the end of the week for me as in Algeria the weekend is classed as Friday and Saturday it being an Islamic country. Anyway as always I hope this post and all the ones to come find you well. I have always had a theory about teachers which was that they have such an easy life just working from 9 till 3pm, however after doing this job for two weeks I must take my hat off to them as it really does drain you out. Standing on your feet all day long and talking and then planning exercises and tasks until the late hours does come close to breaking you but the next day you teach the students and they understand what you’re on about makes it all worth it. I could not be happier than I am now; just being able to work is such a great feeling.

At the school I teach there are captains from various airlines such as Air Algerie and Tassili that attend advanced English classes along with the engineers. This has allowed me to get my face known and talking to them and break times and lunch has been great. I may not get a job with either airline but I am making contacts. I shall be applying to various airlines on this continent to ask if anyone has any work. And as soon as I finish this contract in six weeks I will be in a position to go and follow up any leads I get back from my emails.

I would also like to thank all the people sending me PM of well wishes, and if you have not sent me a message I would still like to thank you for taking the time to reading my posts.

To all the people in the same position me, as I had said before please don’t get yourselves down. I have been down myself and will do again in the future. It’s just the way things are sometimes, we are adults and must learn especially me that we cannot spit our dummies out and get what we want. Times are bad at the moment, but we will get to where we want to be. Just be patient wait out this storm and stay current. We will be thrown many more obstacles which we have no control over in our lives, we just have to accept them and work around them. Keep your spirits high!!

Again I would ask all that read this post and the previous posts, please if you find it in your heart to throw a lead or contact my way I will be so grateful. Just PM and I promise to follow it up.

Kash360.