PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling all experienced pilots...we need help!!
Old 1st Jul 2010, 17:36
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Afternoon,

Sorry not been able to post sooner, have just been run of my feet working out in Algeria. To the above posts I couldnt agree with you more in terms of people travelling to the Africa to for work long before I was born. All I did was document my time spent in Maun and Zambia. To allow wannabes like myself to read about the difficult times and hoops that we must jump through to get our first job. It was also written so wannabes could see that it wasn't as easy as our flight schools had made it out to be regarding getting a job. Also yes there were about 10 people looking for work when I arrived in Maun but just take a second to think, I went to Maun when we were at the peak of the recession. Which meant that people came to Maun when they could not find work in there own countries. Speaking to all the people that arrived to Maun had never heard or read about my thread aprt from one person who had booked his tickets before I had arrived.

I'm sorry if I have given you the wrong impression, but my intensions were in the right place and my reasons for documenting my journey was also for the right reasons. Of course I cannot deny that I have had some great feedback and leads and many well wishes from people. However I can not see the harm in receiving well wishes or leads.

I spent 2 months looking for work and I dont regret a single moment. I went back to the UK with more than I hoped for, plus it was an oppertunity to learn more about my attitude towards other people and not taking simple things for granted.

I am back on the African continent again trying to find work, but this time while I am working teaching technical aviation English to pilots.

Again if I have upset or offended anyone for documenting my travels I apologise. I meant no harm or disrespect.