PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - first employers for newby's
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2010, 11:25
propblast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with J3. Besides, if you want something done properly, you need to do it yourself.

For the newbies, when I was looking for my first gig I spent a morning at the library with the yellowpages and photocopied every aviation related page in them. Then I asked a few pilots I knew (I met them during training, through friends) about which companies hired the noobies. Then when I spoke to these guys I had done some research and just needed some steering in the right direction, not handed the map and compass. (Or the co-ordinates already entered into the database of the G430 as it would be today).

Hint: Just asking makes you seem rude and lazy, offering a beer makes you sociable.

Also, by telling people to piss off purely because they say something you don't like or find immediately useful isn't really mature. You will find J3's advice is helpful, just not very eloqeuntly put.

Your into floats, who did your endo? Ask them, ring the operators they mention, ask them if they know of any others. Half the pilots out there are top blokes and are only to happy to help noobs, but only if asked politely and you've done some homework. The other half are tossers.

BTW: At this time of the year, I'm not sure who would be looking to hire low time guys.

Best of Luck.