PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Armed Forces Day 2010
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2010, 21:35
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cleethorpes - 26 June

A good turnout on a wamr sunny day. Many standards were paraded and a goodly number of active service personnel paraded together with cadets and vets. Lots of red beret, a couple of arctic and many RAF. After a service at the Strike Wing memorial there was a flying display.

A Sea King had loitered off Bull Sands Fort before running in at 1500. It may have been intended to act as Air Coord for shortly after the Duxford Mk V Spit flew over at about 1000 feet, after a loose orbit he returned and did a few loops, wing over, barrel rolls and low passes. Brilliant from where we were about half a mile away from the ceremony as he seemed to have a totally wrong display centre.

He was followed by a Tiger Moth and DH2 pair. They confined themselves to a slow and stately procession down the front and back again.

After that there was to have been an aerobatic display by the world No 7 but we didn't wait on for that.

Nice day, low key, but enough to show the flag. Of that, very few flags evident today. Lots of England flags but I suspect that was coincidental.