PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling all experienced pilots...we need help!!
Old 25th Jun 2010, 15:05
M80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've read your threads on and off as your African thread is in a part of the World I know a few people.

Have you any idea of the amount of guys who do exactly what you do? Not just go and camp for a month, but go and stay out there for six months or twelve months.

I'm sick of hearing "I even went to Africa!". Hoo bloody rah! One month on the Dark Continent does not make you an exception. Bleating on just shows your attitude is that you feel you've pulled out all the stops when I've seen hundreds of guys trekking through multiple countries hunting down jobs for months.

What also surprises me are the amount of people posting about how amazed they are you've gone to the ends of the Earth to find a job. I'll let you in on a secret. Guys were treading that route purely as an adventure, long before the likes of you decided it may be the answer to finding a job when none were available at home.

Plenty more kids who went there and stuck it out, and got the job. Africa is a vast continent. But funnily enough, people know each other throughout Africa in the aviation industry due to the nature of contract work.

You got a hint of a job and then it fell through. That's life. I'm sure you made a good few contacts at the company and if they have another opportunity for you they'll contact you? as far as has been posted you can't PIC in Zambia with less than 1000 hours, so imagine that may have had something to do with things rather than a nefarious company stringing you along for a friday afternoon jape? I'm sure if they read PPRuNe though they'll not be calling.