PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2010, 00:44
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Diplome
Being married to the head of a rather significant entity here in the U.K., and owning my own business in the U.S., I can assure you that simply because you have managed to maintain pulmonary functioning in your position for a time certain is NOT going to bring you promotion in my world.
Sure, I'm not saying that I support people loafing around!! When I was a telecomms consultant in the 1990s/early 2000s, I was very frustrated by seeing people being paid high sums of money when they knew very little about their job! They had just hung in there long enough, not upset anyone and bumbled along. As long as they did not make any major foul ups - they stayed in place.

It's not how it should be but it's how it often is. The larger the company the more difficult it is to trap time servers and wastrels. If those staff are often away from base (almost any travel company but you can include drivers of vehicles for delivery who were only restricted when the Tachometer began law and other workers away from base) then you have a major managerial problem. Many, many, many companies fail in that task.