PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Altara Interviews
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2010, 04:35
paulii

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey all, sorry LadyJ for hijacking your thread but seeing as we are asking the same thing there wasnt a point in opening a new one

Just a few questions guys, i like many of you applied for casual CC with JetStar but only did so a few hours ago so still playing the waiting game haha, in the meantime, ive literally spent my entire day reading everything i can to familiarize myself with what to expect, work environment ect,

Just wondering what are my actual chances of being asked to come in for an assessment day being 18? Well 19 in July? i know none of you can answer this with certainty however i do have all those additional 'preferred' criteria such as:

a current and valid First Aid and RSA
Hospitality cert. 2 & 3
Loads of customer services experience ect.

Im hoping they work in my favour. Just stressing out at the fact due to not enough life experience they'll knock me back which will be devo but oh well.

I live literally less than 5 minutes drive from the airport, so hopefully they consider that an advantage on when choosing who to call.

Being only a casual position and from what ive read, we will most likely be called during busier periods throughout the year such as Easter, School holidays ect.
Is it worth having a second job in between the days i havnt been called in?

I know alot of you are gonna think im crazy but im also at university. I actually never go LOL, i just listen and do all my work at home. Only being a casual position i think with an effective time management plan i can accomplish both things.
Just shattered im giving up my very hectic, active social life, ( im such a club slut ) but i knew that full well before applying.

In reference to my social life and drug screening, are all illicit drugs tested for? I ask because im no angel, ive occasionally dabbled just for fun but prior to commencement they do a test and results turn positive for whatever reason, even minute, (despite abstinance) am i safe to assume employment will be immediately terminated? If so ill start a detox asap! ( mind you please dont think im an everyday user, far from it, just once every few weeks or months. ) And yes im well aware nowadays drug testing is randomly done, so of course i will not touch anything during employment

Sorry for draining it but they are pretty much my only concerns, im sure everything else will fall into place if its meant to be.
Thanks guys, appreciate it

Last edited by paulii; 18th Jun 2010 at 06:26.