PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun,Namibia and Zambia it is then!!!
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2010, 23:47
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning,

I would personally like to thank moderator HWB for reopening this thread and allowing us all to share information and advice. This thread could not have been reopened at a better time, as some of you may be aware I am returning back to Africa on Friday as long as my passport comes back tomorrow with all the required visa’s. However this time I shall be trying my luck in the North. I have been offered a position in Algeria to teach English to up and coming pilots. I will use this opportunity to try and cover more ground over a longer period of time.

As you maybe aware I started a thread called “calling all experienced pilots...we need help!!” I would like to take this opportunity to apologise on a few of my last posts on there as the comments I had made were negative and were unhelpful to both morale of other wannabes and myself.

Let this be the new day some have been waiting for and be positive and stop sitting around moping and moaning as to why we have not been given an opportunity flying. I have made many mistakes myself since being back, thinking that there is nothing to do, but the truth is there is plenty for us all to do.

Fingers crossed and finances allowing I will be covering Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt and Libya. I may be trying to bite of more than I can chew but I am trying. I am not taking all my camping gear with me this time as I will spend the first two months in Algeria teaching and staying in paid accommodation but at the same time I will be running around trying to speak to as many operators and airlines possible. My father is at hand and has said he will send all the stuff out when I will require it.

I find hope returning slowly and courage returning even slower, but I am finding both and I will again try my best as I did earlier this year. The lead I was following in Zambia fell through, they offered me a contract, start date the whole lot but they never responded back and feel hard done by the company. I will not name them as this would be unprofessional but life goes on!!

Again this is your thread; it is here to help you and myself. You make this thread what it is, again I would like to ask for your support and advice as I go through another adventure of finding work!!

Kash360.