PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Travolta arrives at Lanseria
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2010, 04:06
chuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I have an arrangement with the Federal Aviation Administration and they can be sort of bothersome. Stupid me, I should have done a deal with Qantas instead! Thanks for pointing out my lack of comprehension, Bub.

Why the quotes around "qualified," by the way? (That Travolta is not qualified, that is a matter of record and one you seem to be okay with and, really, if this is okay with Qantas who am I to question any private deal they get into. Of course a logical question then must be if any of their other pilots are just given a flashy uniform and turned loose upon the gullible public, or do they have to go through all that boring stuff to become "qualified"?) Why should you care about that,"qualification," so long as the uniform looks good and the airplane is nice and shiny? I thought I was the one being picky here!

A local store selling work clothing went out of business, when I got a deal on an industrial-quality high-viz vest. Working as a pilot can be a real bummer so, sod the qualifications, I pretend to be a garbage collector sometimes. Top that one, John Travolta!

Err, should I have cleared this with Qantas first? I did ask the Church of Scientology, up in Hamburg but all they wanted to do was sell me a copy of Dianetics and give me some counseling to clear my troubled mind.