PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2010, 22:47
Landroger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are we talking about the same company?

We have already mounted one of the longest strikes in aviation history and we have taken on one of the largest, most ruthless, nastiest blue chip companies ever to darken this countries’ social fabric and we are still standing strong, preparing for more. Many years from now you will look back on this summer and say “I am so glad and proud I did what I did”, I wonder if Willie Walsh will feel that same pride?

Tomorrow I have my first appeal against my sacking at Waterworld. I am not holding my breath as, all along, it has, imo been “pre-ordained”, but despite “squeezing tea-bags” for 34 years I feel no sorrow because the company I have left.
(My bold)

I may be wrong, but it seems to me that this sort of purple prose exactly typifies the utterly confused, rather hysterical and completely direction-less thinking that BASSA have fomented, propagated and encouraged. Is there any wonder we don't get rational replies and fact filled statements from anyone in control in the Unite branch?

one of the largest, most ruthless, nastiest blue chip companies ever to darken this countries’ social fabric
Excuse me? Are we seriously talking about the same company? I don't work for BA, but I read the posts of dozens; hundreds who do and the impression I get is absolutely not as DH describes it. Does anyone else recognise the company he is talking about? Perhaps he got confused with the North Korean Army?

all along, it has, imo been “pre-ordained”
Oh yeah, right. BA are going to simply rubber stamp his sacking and hope no-one will notice or resort to law? The grapes, I fear, are a little sour.

I feel no sorrow because the company I have left
I think the chips and alcohol got to him here. It simply doesn't make any sense. There should either be a bit in front of it or a bit behind it, but as it stands, it's even more incomprehensible than the majority of it. And BASSA CC believe every word this muppet expounds? Extraordinary.

Roger.