PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2010, 13:08
oldtimersdisease

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

chc,

The information about Blueway AS has been around for a long time, ever since they bought DanCopter and was published on another aviation forum last month. It was previously known as Airlift Holding:

DanCopter is owned by Norwegian group Blueway AS which owns Airlift AS in Norway, Airlift Helicopter Sweden AB in Sweden and 60% of the offshore company Vertech. It operates 19 helicopters, mainly in the Scandinavian countries. Blueway is mostly owned by Reiten & Co, a Scandinavian corporate finance boutique (60%) and Helicopter Transportation Group, the Norwegian helicopter leasing and brokerage company.
They actually own 21 of the fleet of 26 helicopters. 17 of this fleet are single engine AS350 B2 and B3, 1 is an old 365N2 used for some limited SAR, 1 is a 332L1 used for arctic SAR and one is a very old 332C sometimes used for underslung work. Of the 6 EC155B1s they operate, they own 3.

No, I've never heard of Blueway . As Reiten is a finance boutique, it will only hold on to an asset as long as it is making a profit

Does that mean I have to give up my Akvavit and go down to the Vinmonopol and buy some of that awful Hansa Fatøl (OK, at least it's better than Miller Lite or anything by Coors/Molson - but not as nice as Unibroue's La Fin du Monde, which is one of the better reasons for visiting Quebec) or the rather nicer Aass Bock, which at least has some bite