PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India, Corruption and Foreign Pilots
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2010, 08:57
TopTup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
itbrokenagain: YEP!

But read your contract (I know, what's the point when it really isn't honored anyway...). It quite clearly states THE AIRLINE is solely responsible for issuing of all work visas, licenses and permits. THEY should be doing all the running around. Your contract letter from AI verifying it is evidence to get your visa. Hence, you then (should) get a FATA. It's easier for some, but for others it wasn't. For example why must the expat travel home (16 hr flight) when he/she has other plans for their leave period when the contract states EXACTLY who is responsible?

And yet, pilots salaries are withheld or doctored because THE AIRLINE claims you were unavailable for work due not having a current license.... Then honorable agencies like RAL turn their back you on.

Or, you could do what AI coerced some into doing: go the the flight in civies and uniform packed, get a boarding pass, enter the aircraft prior to passengers, change into your uniform and fly (unlicensed). Oooops! I think I just mentioned another piece of AI's unscrupulous behavior, as well as the pilots who accepted this practice.

Good luck with the process. I don't envy you one bit! Enjoy a well deserved beer at the end of the day