PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Emirates Road Show Dates & Destinations
Old 2nd Jun 2010, 10:16
Wizofoz

Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts
Satay,

First up, why the Agro?

I had also heard the "Absconder" rumour, but was filled in on what I wrote by someone very close to the source. If you have better information, fine, I appologise, but what exactley have I done to get up your nose?

You are simply wrong about contracts. The letter of employment I signed is absolutley an enforcable contract both under UAE law and, more importantly, in the UK where I signed it. This has been tested more than once and the company has settled rather than be exposed to the losing end of a court case.

In that contract it states they will pay all relevent gas, electricity and water bills. If they charge anyone, they are in breach. Mine mentions nothing about incremental pay or productivitey- relevent as they are two areas the company has changed, while leaving many other areas, such as ERP, alone. Why would they have changed Productivity and not abolished ERP other than that ERP is a contractual obligation?

I'm not "Kidding myself". I said I hadn't heard of anyone actually being charged and I haven't, and would have expected to by now. Have you? They may still do so, but I have a suspicion they know they would be up for a losing court challenge should they do so.

The sacking of the F/O in the MAN incident was a discrace, as was the sacking of the Captain in that incident and the treatment of the Melbourne crew. Absolutley no argument there and I hope potential new hires grill them plenty about that.