PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2010, 10:45
oldtimersdisease

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Well it's all happening with most Bristow guys still wondering who the ax is going to fall on, but some already deciding to make the move to Caverscam/ConDapter. Some Aero guys who have a pretty good idea of their long-term future (they ain't got one really) are also getting ready to go, especially the 139 jocks, mostly nationals.

It's gonna be kinda interesting in the skies around Lagos, Warri and PH with a bunch of guys who have never been here before suddenly flying around in EC155B1s because the latest rumor is that ConDapter will have 2 here in the next couple weeks to take over from Bristow 76C+s. One expat engineer has already made the decision to go and is convinced that assurances that the joint company will be paying people through offshore accounts in the Channel Islands means his pay will always go in on time . I wonder if CobDapter will always be paid on time by their honest and trustworthy partners. Still I'm sure he'll be very proud to say he's worked for the center of excellence and Caverscam will look great on his CV in years to come! Not that he'll need it of course, as he's assured of a great future with Africa's new tecnologially advanced giant . There's still only the Caverscam/ConDoctor website under construction and a few friends with 155 on their licences who applied to the recruitment website in the few days of the old website haven't had replies yet, so I guess they have more pilots than they can handle.

Bristow sure aren't rushing to tell their people what's happening so it shouldn't be a surprise if a few start quitting soon.