PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Tiger Tales
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2010, 02:49
airdualbleedfault

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts
Galdian, have to agree ( hate to admit it ). I walk around in amazement in this cesspit ( HK ) as people stick their heads in the sand ( or their bank statements ) and kid themselves the pollution is not that bad, well I'm afraid it IS that bad and getting worse. If you are a skipper with a LCC in Oz and can't afford to send your kids to a decent school, sell one of your friggin' toys ! Personally I would rather be at home when my kids get home from school each day, not in another country choking on pollution.
Mate, this place is a s**thole, over 100 days per year where vis is less than 8 ks due to pollution ( which by the way consists of mercury and beryllium ), either hot and humid or cold and humid.
I am not going to go into a lecture about the pollution, just google it, there's an abundance of info and its all bad
Too many guys I work with have, in recent times, had kids and other family members, with serious illnesses, coincidence, I think not

I will now duck for cover to avoid the incoming from those who choose to poison their families for high pay and low taxes. good luck.

Had a chuckle at these:

You couldn't do that in Jetstar. You live in a modest suburb, with a back breaking mortgage and the kids go to a modest school. You can't get ahead
BS ! I have a friend who is a motor mechanic, 30 years old, he owns 3 houses, the one he lives in is debt free, if you can't get ahead on 10K net ( Jet* Capt wage ) a month, you seriously need to visit a fin planner, or earth

political correctness
Yes, I hate that about Oz and it is certainly not the case here, you are treated as what you are...a foreigner.

This is a classic:

unaffordable housing
1,000,000AUD for a shoebox, yes the company pays for it, but now for a decent size place ( by decent I mean 1500sqft, half the size of a 4x2 in Oz ) it will cost you 1.5 mil AUD plus, the 10% deposit required for this ( yes, thats right 150,000 AUD deposit ) the 3% stamp duty and the 3.5% mortgage insurance all come out of your pocket. Unaffordable housing in Oz ....ha ha ha ha.

Krudd as PM
Ok, you got me on that one.