PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2010, 01:31
SimonBlame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have searched this thread and the web for that matter looking for the answer to this simple question:

What is the benefit of doing CTC's cadet scheme over ICP or going modular and entering at the ATP stage?

I'm not really interested in what the difference was historically and I'm also not interested in comments like, "There is no benefit or difference as there are no jobs".

Just hypothetically, if you could do any route to a job that CTC offer, what makes the cadet wings scheme so special today?

I would like someone to set me straight because the only benefit I can really see is that IF a partner airline recognises the cadet scheme then the partner airline takes on your training bond and the airline / CTC start paying it back to you as well as being on a cadet salary. However from what I can gather it looks like as a cadet you are being paid less than someone who joins the airline as a normal low-houred FO.

Now that the unsecured loan days are over, why go the cadet route over the other 2 I mentioned? Am I missing something?

Many thanks for considering.