PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC situation in Spain
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2010, 11:39
SINGAPURCANAC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My dear spanish colleagues,

If you think that your T&C aren't atractive anymore ,please Shall we change positions?
You may come to my airport and I will go to your airport. Package for package without additional renumeration allowances.
But let's examine sentence by sentence:

1.Increase from 1200 to 1670 hr per yer.It means from 100 hours working per month to 140 hr per year. It is still behind my working hours that are 156 minimum,or another rule in that direction: Number of working days during the month multiple with 8 i.e in some months it could be as much as 176 or extreme case 184 hours per month. It is also regulated by Law.personally I remember 144 hours as a rule but that has been changed in contract but nobady knows when and how,even Law says that representative of workers must accept changes.

2.Time for breaks, 1 hour if your shift is 12 hours,if you work in administration 8 hours dayli you are still entitled to 1 hour break.

3.Mandathory recalls: We have no such formal institution but if SATCO calls you it means immediatelly!

4.montly schedule is never released before 25th due to "high importance of projects" but anyhow schedule doesn't mean anything because it could be changed undefinitelly number of times per month

5. For idea "direct routing" I have been punished only once,so far.....

Socially, our profession has been ruined as we are now seen by most of the people as privileged lazy scum with high salaries and low productivities
Our proffesional associations take the highest responsibility for such public attitude.They haven't done anything in that direction.

7.Yes,Director general could fire up to 5% of total workfoce in company without any explanation,in one year. If he/she needs more firings than should ask iunion representative for opinion.Could you imagine what does it mean in real life?

8.You could be sent at any location without explanation or whatsever,since 1945.

9.Not air safety law but Criminal Law, deals with the mistakes during the operational work. 5 years in prison if you gave wrong navigational instruction.

10 Union has always been under strcict state control.Nothing new.

So as you could see I will consider move to Valencia APP as a positive change.....

Best regards,