PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar interview in Miami
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2010, 14:46
theaviator2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just finished an interview in Qatar this week.

First thing was the Written, fairly straightforward a few things that i did not remember from my former ATPL day's. I.e that 1 hp = 30ft slipped my mind.

Most of the questions fairly easy,

human performance questions not a problem (like how many hours after diving bellow 30fr u needa wait till flying again)

Weather questions was just Taf's, whats the weather at destination and cloud base.

Performance questions mainly Speed questions!!!

holding entry (given a fix with righthand turns how u gonna enter from the direction you are coming from? parallel.

All in all fairly easy but a few questions that would make u think!!! but i wouldnt sweat it.

Interview for us was all the same, no aircraft questions only CRM questions and your knowledge about the company. Again wouldnt sweat this either.

Now, i been flying private jets the last 4 years, and we were going to an A330 sim.

I got in the sim at 1.30AM really tired after a long day (getting up at 6AM to get ready for the interview)

Never flown with flyby wire and by far the hardest thing i tried before. Not that i think it is a hard system but you are so used to the yoke that you move the Sidestick lige if it was the yoke and it SCREWS U THE FxXXX up.

I am pretty sure i failed the Sim, i did a well to say the least a ****TY JOB.
was tired and kept my focus on that damn stick. So i lost my scan of the rest of the instruments, Busted altitude, airspeed and i have for the past 3 years flown the Proline 21 so trying to figure out the information on the screens was hard in itself.

Takeoff to 1500ft. intercept a radial, and yes i do know how to intercept a damn radial but last nigh i was totally blank as i kept my focus on that sidestick.

If i was a chief-pilot i sure wouldn't have hired me after last nights sim and i guess the only person i can blame is myself. Just sucks that it comes down to a Airbus sim to get a job or not specially when the job i went for was not even an Airbus position.

Would have preferred the 777 sim but they had us in the A-330 sim and call it unfair or what ever, didn't find it 100% fair to put guy's with corporate experience in a A330 sim at 1.30Am in the morning after being up for over 18 hrs. But thats what happened.

Anyways you never know whats gonna happen in this business and at least i can only get positively surprised should they call and still offer me a position but i highly doubt it. My only advise is to take it easy and hope that you get some rest before the Sim and that you keep ur head calm and do not concentrate so much on the sidestick as to the rest of your scan. And i do needa say and a few of the other guy's did fairly well in the Sim but a few of us FXXXX-up

Good luck hope it helpes ;-)