PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canadian RT
Thread: Canadian RT
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2010, 08:02
AviatorVette

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was just going through my flight schools website where i completed my cpl ... this is what it says

RT License

Additional Requirements for Issue of Commercial Pilot’s License and Airline Transport Pilot’s License

Students shall obtain a Certificate of Proficiency from the Ministry of Communications under the provisions of Indian Wireless and Telegraphy Rules, 1954 for operation of Radio Telephony Apparatus on board an aircraft. Based on this, a Flight Radio Telephone Operator’s (FRTO) License will be issued by DGCA in accordance with the provisions of Section ‘Y’ of Schedule II of the Aircraft Rules, 1937.
RT exams are conducted by the WPC Wireless Planning Commission. These examinations are conducted every alternate month and is scheduled in different cities in India in a fixed sequence. It consists of two exams. Part A and Part B.
Hitherto, a student while undergoing flying in the USA, could get a UK RT license. Such licenses were being accepted by the WPC authorities. However, under the the present revised rules, a UK RT License or a commonwealth RT License will be deemed acceptable, only if the flying training was completed in that country. Please read the revised regulations.
In brief, if you choose to get a commonwealth RT License while you are training in the USA, then the only acceptable way to do this, is to actually travel to the UK or Canada and get the license issued there. The authorities would verify this from your passport. However, even if you get an a UK/Canadian RT License by actually visiting that country, this would only exempt you from one part (Part B) of the RT Exam. You would still be required to complete the practical (Part A) of the the RT examination.
Could someone please confirm this, Even after converting my FAA license to a Canadian CPL and passing the exam in Canada, do I have to come back and appear for Part 1?