PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2010, 20:51
Hezza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XTR_Chris - exactly how much research have you done? And by research, I mean willing to spend £85,000.00 - eighty five thousand pounds - research.

When I last checked, the loan for the training must be secured on a property - do you have one of those? Being 20, it seems unlikely. If you do, are you willing to risk it for a slim chance of achieving that '15 year soppy dream'?

Do yourself a favour, and close the application form until you have become less excited, and spend the rest of the evening - no scrub that - week, reading these forums. I promise you your excitement will be dealt a large dose of cold hard reality....

If, after this has set in you are still excited about the prospect of spending £85,000 - eighty five thousand pounds - on a blue license (read - a blue license, not a job) then please continue.

This forum has, without question, the greatest source of information from all sides that any wannabe pilot could lay their hands on. I strongly urge you to use it.

For the record, I was once a starry eyed wannabe, keen to get on the next CTC flight to New Zealand. Now, I am still a wannabe, but one with a nice job and no debts who is still training for that nice blue license, but not with unrealistic expectations.