PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2010, 17:22
BEagle

Received 270 Likes on 109 Posts
What he said!

And here's some information concerning Dr Fox's position:

Of the Chinook accident, Jamie McGrigor, Conservative Highlands and Islands MSP, says: ‘I well remember this terrible tragedy in 1994 which killed 29 people and shocked the people of Argyll to the core. Many were never happy with the MOD’s handling of events thereafter’.

Pointing out that: ‘Obviously this is a matter reserved to Westminster’, Jamie McGrigor has contacted the Conservative Shadow Defence Secretary, the Rt Hon Liam Fox MP.

Dr Fox came up with the fact that that the recently published Hadden-Cove report on the Nimrod crash sets an appropriate precedent. He has said to Jamie McGrigor that he feels it is time now to put this matter (the 1994 Kintyre Chinook crash) to rest and to try to establish the truth of what happened with an independent inquiry.

If the Conservative party wins the next general election they have now committed to launching such an independent inquiry which, as Jamie McGrigor says: ‘ will hopefully finally clear the brave pilots of any negligence’.
I have now e-mailed DC as follows:
Dear David,

Many, many congratulations on having been elected to become our Prime Minister. A great honour both for you, your family and your constituents!

Although you will undoubtedly have more urgent matters of national importance to tackle over the next few weeks and months, might I remind you that you promised to re-examine the tragedy of the Chinook accident on the Mull of Kintyre. I hope that you will be able to move forward on your promise as soon as occasions permit and look forward to a long overdue resolution to the whole matter.

Again, my warmest congratulations - and didn't I tell you several years ago that you would undoubtedly become Prime Minister?

Best wishes to you and your family,

(BEagle)