PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Afriqiyah Airbus 330 Crash
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2010, 03:02
Vc10Tail

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brize the Speculator

Rather than speculate out of hard headedness why not follow the good example of XCITATION and not get too excited about specs but try and draw facts instead.Have you done any course on air accident investigation-do you know its rudiments even?If not...please don't attempt to act as one.If you wish to get carried away in speculating, better delve into the permutations of procedures in force and which could have been probably used by the crew in their posible desperate attempt-possibilities of fuel starvation after a long flight from SA as well asa long night flight, and perhaps several go around attempts and a low circling or attempts to straighten up...and we all know the illusive effects of haze in visbility terms all might have been the recipe for the disaster.Better we speculate on procedures rather than have a go at the crews behaviour...can you name even one of the crew members...let alone have records of their abilities, wont it make an ASS out of U and ME (to ASSUME they were all incompetent Libyans only to be discovered by the CVR that the PF might have ben Canadian or some other westerner with God given superior flying skills??Am sure the Human Factors group in the ensuing investigation re-quoted below from XCITATION shall elucidate some useful pointers.Meanwhile don't get too excited.I personally view this website with a pinch of salt...as there are things you can learn from seasoned aviators and there also...those who dress their salad up to sound as ones...i dare say- even PC pilots!

"I am assured that there will be a very thorough investigation, since (the French accident investigation authority) will be party to it and they are one of best accident investigators in the world," said William Voss, president of the U.S.-based Flight Safety Foundation.

He cautioned that "it's important to realize that early assumptions about an accident are often wrong."

Considering that the accident form was in the state depicted in the photos portrayed in various parts of this thread, it is a miracle that the mosque was spared in its etirerity...would it be useful if you wana speculate if this could have been an act of God?Then again we don't wish to turn this into a religious thread do we now...?

Patience...old boy...patience is the mark of a good investigator...so wait on for the facts...they may not all come forward mind you but at least you shall THEN have more concrete information to do your guess work