PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2010, 10:56
BEagle

Received 270 Likes on 109 Posts
Here's what DC wrote in his last letter:

(.......)

Although an extensive Board of Enquiry was conducted by senior RAF officers into the tragic loss of the Chinook, there have been a number of significant concerns raised about the findings of the Board.

As you may know, the Fatal Accident Inquiry held in Paisley, the Public Accounts Committee of the House of Commons and the House of Lords Select Committee, have all rejected the findings of gross negligence by the RAF Board of Inquiry against Flight Lieutenants Jonathan Tapper and Richard Cook.

Given the public concern about the Board of Inquiry findings of gross negligence against the pilots, the Conservatives believe that the matter cannot rest there. Accordingly, we have committed to undertaking a review if we win the forthcoming General Election, a move which is supported by the then Secretary of State for Defence, Sir Malcolm Rifkind, and the then Minister of State, James Arbuthnot.

(..........)

Yours sincerely,

David Cameron
Oh and JP,
Will someone corrct me? JP
People have been trying to do that for years.....

I will be e-mailing David later to congratulate him on becoming the new PM - and reminding him I told him he'd be PM several years ago now! I will also mention that I look forward to him delivering on his promise, but recognise that now may not be quite the time as he has more urgent matters to deal with first.