PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CCW Laws......To those that don't know...Legally Packing Heat!
Old 11th May 2010, 15:43
johns7022

Interesting debate...my .02 cts....It might be worth remembering that the original colonists decided to take a long boat ride, followed by years of deprivation in order to find a little religious and personal freedom from a monarchy dead set on giving everyone zero percentage of it......

It's not lost on me that the majority of American people with CCLs, do so because they can, not out of any real tactical need...I have one, but I don't carry...and as was pointed out, when and if where I live because such a place where I feel the need to carry a firearm, I will move...all that said, I have a CCL because the laws, any laws applied these days, seem to be revenue producing, draconian in nature, and generally trumped up, then negotiated down...so if your typical cop finds a gun, somewhere in the car, on the way to the range, he can conclude it was concealed, and even if wrongly so...it's cost's thousands of dollars to debate the topic, with your freedom hanging in the balance...a $50 CCL ends the argument....it's like going to a debate, pushing a button, and the other person shut's up, sit's down, and idle's there moping...

Since freedom seems to be the byword thrown around with everything American, and not being a homogeneous population...individualism is much more the norm then being part of some group, culture or religious entity.

Americans laugh at the idea of people taking so much stock in a soccer game, that violence ensues due to some idiotic sense of territory and obligation toward a sports team. We find silly the genocides perpetrated under the flag of politics, religion, and culture.......and maybe that comes to down to simply not relating to each other as much as other people in the world do..

The violence/crime in the US is high...probably due to our sickening need for capitalist expansion and chasing the almighty buck...no doubt half the criminals in the US are looking for drug money not food or shelter...and that many criminals simply want more stuff.....morality here is dead, no homogeneous culture binds us to a common set of ethics, good or bad...we are on our own...and given the recent stock market/govt/terrorism silliness that is ensuing, it's pretty clear we can count little on our govt/media/law enforcement to show their own citizens anything more then childlike contempt while they play their games, pursuing more made dashes for power and resources...

So having a firearm and carrying a gun...is about survival...the most universally regarded and understood principle that trumps any political/cultural/legal/moral doctrine..

Without a firearm, or the means in which to defend one's self from those that do, your simply hoping and wishing upon the good nature of others to consider your welfare....

And that my friends, we can agree, is not what is is happening these days...we are all, very much on our own...so plan accordingly...