PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CCW Laws......To those that don't know...Legally Packing Heat!
Old 3rd May 2010, 01:23
finfly1

Question has been asked as to circumstances under which one might envision using a concealed weapon.

In many metro areas, traffic is heavy and drivers often furious with perceived offenses by other drivers, real or not. Termed "road rage" they can often escalate into physical assaults by one driver against the perceived offender.

Should a gun carrying driver get into a minor fender bender with a driver who then leaps from his car carrying a tire iron and smashes the windshield and tries to then gain entry to the gun owners vehicle for the purpose of inflicting grievous bodily injury, I feel a gun owner would be justified in first displaying his weapon and inviting the lunatic to put down his tire iron, and failing that, shooting him.

I am sure most gun owners would not welcome such an exchange, but I am reasonably sure they would prefer it to the same scenario where they were totally defenseless.