PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2010, 09:31
AlexanderB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good to hear you passed,

My assesment day was fun but I also had a little trouble describing my motivations, what they want is really detailed. Its a bit hard to try and sell yourself without sounding slightly cocky. My interviewer was happy with my performance though, apparently this type of highly detailed question troubles lots of candidates and its easy to see why. I could probably do with a polish up of these types of thing before FSP.

In the photo that DFR took of me I had a pretty big grin on, the recruiter had just cracked a joke about one of the guys there with last name seaman who was going as an able seaman. One of those "you had to be there" things, I couldn't help but smile.

I'm still waiting to hear from PSA or DFR about an FSP slot and I had my assesment day in February (Keep in mind that I'm an ADFA entry candidate and courses are only run on school holidays, DEO is probably a whole different world)

I'm also waiting to hear from DFR about a base visit to Amberley some time in the next month with one of the other pilot candidates. Should be a blast.

CJ, Modelling aircraft? Sounds interesting...