PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS 5
Thread: LEEDS 5
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2010, 19:07
Runway 32/14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PIA...

I read in someone's post that PIA moved Mondays LBA-ISB to Manchester because that is where the pax wanted to fly from!!! Well this is rubbish, PIA are in a lot of trouble at the moment with extremely late arrivals and departures from Leeds, as already mentioned there has been a huge influx of complaints about noise specially from the late departing A310, now due to the number of complaints and the local authorities getting involved, LBA and PIA decided to cut the Monday service so this would reduce the amount of take off and landing noise, change the arrival and departure time of the existing PIA flights to allow for the 23.00 shut of time and they will be using a newer and quieter aircraft later on this summer for the ISB service, this aircraft will more than likely be a B777-200 and should start ops around June/July this year..
LBA are also looking at changing the angle of descent for landing aircraft and moving the TDZ, this should give landing aircraft more of the runway to stop on, without them having to use excessive reverse thrust.....

This is what i have been told, but i obviously cannot be 100% sure of any information i have been given.........if you know more, then please drop a line into the forum...