PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANZAC Remembrance
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2010, 07:28
Hubstrasse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ANZAC Remembrance

I have, as many others of my generation have had, the privilege to live in a free country and have had the luxury to be able to openly visit the blooded turf of northern Europe where so much blood was spilled in the early twentieth century. That Men from half a World away were and still are willing to contribute to a fight that may seem to have little to do with them is tribute to their mettle as men and nation. I have finished my UK service with pride but can not help but notice that here in NZ almost every hamlet, village,town or as one might expect city has a memorial. As ever... immaculate.. I write this wearing my ANZAC poppy with pride and commend you when you are having a beer on Saturday night to drain a glass to the ANZAC, past present, future. By my calculation that is the time that the traditional dawn service will be happening in NZ. if you can't make it then i commend you to listen to Eric Boagle, a Jock who abhors war but writes a bloody good tune, incidentally, he also wrote young willy Mcbride, and a whole load of fun stuff too.
Eric Bogle ? And the Band Played Waltzing Matilda ? Video, listening & stats at Last.fm

Last edited by Hubstrasse; 20th Apr 2010 at 07:38.