PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - working on the north queensland coast
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2010, 11:22
OpsNormal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paperbag, unfortunately having secured an ATPL etc is in no way a measure of intelligence, more a measure of how well you can recite the answers.... Before you go and call anyone who disagrees with (or even points out a flaw in your arguments) a moron, consider that the person you are having a go at may have "been there and done that" (as you or... "ya mates" would say)....

If you feel that waiting six months for your first job is waiting a long time, then you're in for a very ugly surprise as things are only slowly returning to the beginning of the last "good times" in 2006-7. At the time morno started his path in this industry (and no, he and I are not the same person - however I will give you a heads-up that I once employed him in a flying role in western Qld many years ago, so to answer your question yeah, he's been a bush pilot and actually reached the top of the tree there....), waiting 2-3 years for your first gig in GA was not uncommon.

Dickheads with a smart rrrs attitude in this (very, very small) industry don't get far and it doesn't take much to read further into the written word to work out who is who.... You may wish to grow-up a little paperbag and don't be so thin skinned.

Now, FNQ is a lovely place to live and work, however firswt GA jobs around CNS and TL are rarer than the proverbial rocking horse exhaust. You may pick-up a parachute gig or similar however your odds increace the further from any large scale civilisation go (think KU, BME, Arnhemland, central Australia or even places like William Creek etc). Those sort of places sort people out really quickly.....

Regards,

OpsN.